Visited: January 2018
- Award booking: 20,000 pts/night
- Booking method: Used free award night, complimentary upgrade to Park Suite
- Breakfast: Excellent
- Location: Excellent
- Service: Excellent
- Extras: Globalists free wine/beer and snacks happy hour
- Overall experience: 10/10
- If I could pay cash for the experience, I would do it assuming that we still had Globalist status or can book through American Express FHR for breakfast and hotel credits
Located between Chit Lom and Ploen Chit BTS stations, the Park Hyatt Bangkok invites you into its serene interiors. The space cools and calms. You’re steps from the action, yet sheltered from it.
Even in its modern and fancy encasing, the hotel manages to hit the right notes with the Thai dishes on offer at breakfast. While I would still venture out for street stall noodles, I found myself lingering over the nuanced broth of its noodle soup. Rarely do I find myself relishing high-brow take on common dishes, yet, I had been pleasantly floored.Ryan really appreciated the master bathroom; the guy loves soaking. I was happier about a second bathroom by the foyer as when I travel to cheap food destinations, I tend to overdo the chilies and quantity so . . . Video walk-through of room at end of post. Note that the hotel rooms each have somewhat different layout.